WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customer’s toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the company’s hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
MINIMUM CLEARANCE REQUIRED: None required.
The Proposal Manager will play a key role in coordinating with WBB’s business development and product/sector staffs to create winning proposals. The Proposal Manager will be responsible for leading proposal teams from analyzing RFP requirements through delivery to the gov’t.
This individual will be managing proposals for the department of defense and civilian agencies of the federal government. The Proposal Manager will be responsible for proactively developing, maintaining, and continuously applying WBB’s proposal process for each proposal, including outlines, storyboards, win strategy, etc.
- Manage a proposal team to include: book bosses, editors, graphics, and SMEs.
- Building proposal schedules.
- Interface with WBB product and service sectors for technical support/input.
- Directing your team in building compliance matrixes, compliance based outlines, tracking author inputs, scheduling and managing reviews.
- Manage all proposal activities using WBB’s process, which is based on Shipley.
- Coordinating with Capture Manager and Contracts on each proposal effort.
- Running brain-storming proposal develop worksheet (story boards) sessions with capture and subject matter experts; capturing marketing oriented hot buttons, win themes, and approach features and benefits.
- Leading proposal team meetings, such as kick-off meetings, pink teams, and red teams, and other reviews as necessary.
- Leading and interpreting solicitations to identify critical items required for a compliant response.
- Analyzing proposal sections for consistency and clarity, compliance with RFP/RFI/RFQ requirements, and alignment with proposed solutions and themes.
- Preparing for and conducting kick-off meetings, strategy sessions to coordinate inputs (writing and editing) and directing team members to ensure professional and on-time delivery.
- Maintaining configuration integrity, including version control, of evolving proposal artifacts using SharePoint.
- Remaining current on all amendments and modifications to the solicitation.
- Performing quality check of all proposal sections and volumes. Responsible for accuracy and quality.
- Enforcing the proposal schedule.
- Leading internal “lessons learned” meetings to identify ways of improving the proposal process; participating in debriefs with the government; and documenting recommendations for improvement
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS)
- Educational background/degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or related is preferred.
- 15 + years proposal development experience in the federal contracting environment.
- Shipley Proposal Process experience.
- Must be an expert in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts and solutions effectively.
- Detail oriented, organized thinker.
- Experience with industry proposal best practices.
- Experience leading and managing large proposals from RFP to completion.
- Comfortable working in a management role and interfacing with strong type-A personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to write compelling sales documents.
- Ability to lead work in a team environment.
Job Title: Senior Proposal Manager
Location: Reston, VA
We are proud of our diverse environment, Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
Apply here: http://www.Click2apply.net/p53dcxk