WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customer’s toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the company’s hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
MINIMUM CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must possess an active Secret clearance.
WBB is seeking a consultant with expertise in Systems Engineering and basic knowledge of the defense acquisition management process. The consultant should be a skilled engineering practitioner with knowledge in systems engineering processes, procedures and the associated professional tools and applications. This person should be familiar with all areas of systems engineering to include developing program requirements, planning technical staff and organization, planning technical maturation and administrating baseline management, planning and conducting technical reviews and coordinating overall program integration with risk management, test and evaluation, life cycle sustainment and contracting activities. The consultant should be able to demonstrate past experience in applying engineering expertise to DoD or defense industry programs.
The consultant will be expected to provide on-site customer support as a subject matter expert in systems engineering for DoD.
- Researches, analyzes, evaluates and recommends systems engineering policy and guidance focusing on eliminating redundancy through integration and consolidation.
- Establishes and maintains security and data integrity.
- Participates in organizational initiatives with various teams coordinating and providing engineering and systems engineering advice and assistance.
- Reviews engineering and systems engineering documents for effective process and practice.
- Monitors and maintains effective asset management ensuring inventory accuracy and hardware and software licensing compliance.
- Communicates regularly with customers and company leadership informally, in writing, one-on-one, and in meetings.
- Implements improvements to processes, work methods and procedures.
- Develops and conducts training to share knowledge and technical skills with others to support a diverse work environment where differences are accepted; leads team decision-making.
- Continues to build own technical and leadership skills.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Technical Management, Computer Science or a related discipline, or acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Required a minimum of 5 years of systems engineering experience including project engineering responsibilities, customer/end-user interaction and designing and deploying enhancements and modifications within a program.
- Solid technical knowledge and organizational skill in researching, planning and managing various SE projects and initiatives.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to convey technical information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- MINIMUM CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must possess an active Secret clearance.
- It is desired the person has Systems Engineer certification commensurate with defense and industry established standards.
- Familiarity with systems engineering tools and applications including: DOORS, System Architect, Test Director, scheduling tools (MS Project), and other relevant technologies.
- Effective team partnership with engineering professionals with experience in strategic planning and quality/process improvement.
- Ability to visualize a conceptual image of a project, then develop a plan for its implementation, and execute the plan.
- Ability to manage a variety of complex tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to use MS Office products at an advanced level of proficiency.
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Key Words: systems engineering, defense, acquisition management, processes, procedures, tools, applications, program, requirements, planning, staff and organization, technical maturation, administrating baseline management, technical reviews, program integration, risk management, test and evaluation, life cycle sustainment and contracting activities.
Primary Location: United States - Virginia – Arlington
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time.
We are proud of our diverse environment, Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/vw53j2z