Our client was founded nearly nineteen years ago, and provides Management, Information Technology Support, Security and Intelligence Operations Support Services to a range of Federal agencies, non-profit organizations, and private companies. We are a small, woman-owned business, with several federal government contracting vehicles including MOBIS and schedule 084 security.
They are seeking a JAVA/Weblogic Developer in Crystal City, VA (position will move to Bethesda, MD in October)
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements
to existing software.
- Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
- Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
- Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers
- May serve as a technical team or task leader
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
Build and deploy new web application to enhance the communications and data sharing
- Maintain the content on and refreshing the look and feel of specific web applications/sites
- Provide guidance to the team on development tasks and architecture questions relevant to the infrastructure.
- Design and build web (J2EE and C++) applications for specific requirements
- Build applications that interact with SQL Server, Oracle or other databases
- Design workflows from business requirements and automate workflow using SharePoint and or other apps
- Operate quickly, with little supervision in a demanding, inter-agency environment
- Manage content and format updates to web apps as needed
- Engage test team to perform test and validation on new apps
- Provide expert web development services and consultative guidance to team members
- 8-10 years of related software development experience
- Bachelors Degree in computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work/military experience
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI Full Scope Poly
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE HERE: https://tbe.taleo.net/NA11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=C2PORTFOLIO&cws=1&rid=5190