Our client is a professional engineering and information technology services firm that provides focused solutions and customer-centric support to the US Department of Defense and the US Military Services on issues of national significance.
They are currently seeking a Systems Engineer Mid-Level in San Diego, CA.
• Provide system engineering support to a Navy Program Office for Tactical Communications.
• This position is part of the technical team responsible for systems engineering, engineering process coordination, enterprise change request initiation, tactical communications systems technical analysis
and other coordination support to a government lead.
• Candidate must be a self-starter, work well with teams and have excellent writing and presentation
• Position requires development of responses to technical data calls, coordination of future tactical
communications technology plans, support to Integrated Product teams, coordinating and providing technical
advice to acquisition program managers.
• Expertise in Tactical communications systems: Ship, shore and aircraft HF/VHF/UHF, L-band line-of-sight
radios, UHF SATCOM, Joint Tactical Radio System and Common Data Link systems and portable military
• Prepare and analyze white papers, trade studies, spread sheets, architectural documents, risk assessments and road maps to support communications and navigation strategies.
• Assist in technical specifications generation and review.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Excellent writing skills, technical analysis methods, develop and present briefings, white papers,excellent email etiquette, proactive self-starter, works well on own and with teams.
• 2-8 years of work experience in Tactical Communications systems: HF/VHF/UHF, L-band and Common Data Link shipboard and portable military communications.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree strongly preferred
• Desired experience with other Department of Defense programs such as Networks, Crypto, Shore, Submarines,
Airborne systems to develop end to end solutions for the Navy fleet
Please Apply: https://tbe.taleo.net/NA11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=C2PORTFOLIO&cws=1&rid=5869